Tuesday 22 April 2014

How To Add a Battery Applet To LXLE

I noticed after some use of the excellent LXLE distro on my Dell D430, that there was no battery monitor installed by default. There is an ASCII type monitor in the menu but not an applet, so I did a bit of Googling and found this little how-to for LXDE in Lubuntu/Mint. I had to modify that a little. I shall reproduce the entire method here anyway in case that page disappears.

Install fdpowermon in the same way with:

sudo apt-get install fdpowermon

Next up it's slightly different since the sessions are different in LXLE. There are 5 sessions: G2-Paradigm, Netbook-Paradigm, OSX-Paradigm, Unity-Paradigm and XP-Paradigm so replace as appropriate.

gksu gedit /etc/xdg/lxsession/XP-Paradigm/autostart 

Then append @fdpowermon as in the original how-to like so:







Save the file and exit, then logout and login and you'll now have a battery monitor applet, and we're done!






No comments: